Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Book Review

I have the heart and soul of a bookworm. The two things in life that can pull me away from my dedication to all things domestic are my sweetie and a good book. If it comes down to the two of those though...well, I can multitask ;)

I had been putting off a trip to the library for a couple of months. Due to my busy schedule, I was afraid I would feel rushed to make it through before closing. I finally gave in last week and made it down two aisles before I had four books. I had to MAKE myself stop!

While perusing through the new and suggested racks, I came across a book by The Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond. I have known of and about Drummond for years. Basically, if you make a guest appearance on Paula Deen...I know you.



She is known for being a city girl that fell in love with a cowboy. She's been blogging about her new life ever since. The Pioneer Woman: From Black Heels to Tractor Wheels is the story of how it all began. A compilation of original blog posts, plus extra tidbits, this book makes for a smile-inducing, involuntary "Aww" sound-making, sweetheart of a read. Plus, there is a recipe section at the end!

While a team of *ahem* wild horses couldn't make me trade in my mohawked, tattooed up, punk rocker honey for a cowboy...the story is easy to fall in love with.

I whole heartedly reccomend the book, and the blog! With the latter you get the added bonus of a never-ending sequel and lots of domestic tidbits to keep you going.


Buy Here - Amazon has the book for a range of reasonable prices
The Pioneer Woman blog

No comments:

Post a Comment