Sunday, March 11, 2012

Making It All Worth While

I love the effects of cooking, cleaning and keeping my house, but it is all made even more worthwhile when I am able to share it with family and friends.

Tonight I was blessed to be able to host a birthday dinner for my Dad. I know going out to eat for a birthday is traditional, but the closeness eating at home allowed us was priceless. Since my sister and I have grown up and moved onto our own lives, family dinners are rare these days. So when they come around it is a great opportunity to sit back and be proud of who we are and what we have accomplished. I love having come full circle to where I am now able to spoil my Dad on his day and make it special for him. He has done this for me so many times.

On his birthday card, I wrote that despite the fact that it was his birthday, we were the ones getting the present. Him! The look of pride he has when he sees the things I've accomplished at home and in life is incredibly fulfilling. He even remarked that my home was the new meeting place for family events!

It is my mantra that taking time and care in keeping house and other domestic activities is "taking pride in taking care of yourself." This evening proved that beyond a shadow of a doubt.

I hope you all get to experience the warmth of a family dinner at home. There is truly nothing like it.

XOXO
The Betty

No comments:

Post a Comment