Sunday, August 9, 2015

Look what the cat dragged in...

Tonight I am posting from the deck of our condo, over-looking the beach. Gazing into the sunset with a glass of chilled German wine in hand and a gourmet meal laid out on the table...

LIES. So many LIES.

I'm posting from an armchair scooched over to my computer desk, red solo cup of ice water in hand and Boppy pillow on my lap. I have an excellent view of the boogers crusted up inside my beautiful 7-week old son's nose, and I just ate a salad out of a mixing bowl.

Perhaps not my finest moment, but I'm just fine with that.

Two years and many a-lifetime later, I'm back. Better than ever? I think so. I'm as happy as I've ever been. Adorned with spit up, dark circles under my eyes and sticky with spilled breastmilk and I feel fabulous! Motherhood is treating me well.

After six years, my husband finally made an honest housewife out of me. I went on maternity leave and it turned into maternity left. The bandana-clad, red lipstick wearing, cat-eye'd Betty is still there, just having had a little more life under the belt (no pun intended!)

Be A Betty is sure to have a new flavor this go round, but I think you will enjoy it. A little less pretentious, a lot more conversational. Please help to keep the conversation flowing with comments, facebook (https://www.facebook.com/groups/beabettyblog) and e-mail (be-a-betty@hotmail.com).

There will be less How-To's, and more Day In The Life of posts. Let's face it, a seven week old baby is kind of time consuming. I'll do my best to keep up with my Betty duties, but Baby doody takes priority 10/10 times.

And with that, it's time to get down to biz-ness.

The Betty ( and Baby)


No comments:

Post a Comment