Friday, March 9, 2012

Homemade Carpet Sprinkles!

Granted store bought carpet deodorizers aren't terribly expensive, the homemade variety is even more so! And you can control what goes into it...healthier and more versatile.

I used:
2 cups of Arm & Hammer baking soda
1/8 tsp each Vanilla and Almond extract
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon



See Use It Up! and you will understand where I got the inspiration for this scent combination: the smell of baking granola!

Since cinnamon has antibacterial and antimicrobial properties, it is somewhat sanitizing as well as deodorizing! The whole process took all of two seconds and now I have a good supply of smell-good for my carpets! I used a glass jar I had on hand (I'm starting to hoard them now, so many uses!) and popped holes in the lid with a hammer and nail. Instant shaker. Maybe vacuuming just got a little bit more interesting.

What scent combinations would you use for homemade carpet sprinkles? Any other container ideas?

2 comments:

  1. Love this!!! I will be making a batch to try out this weekend! Great info...thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so neat! I will be trying it soon! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete